It looks very similar to the website for the largest online retailer in the world, but it looks EXACTLY the same as two websites we confirmed as scams last week! The answer to the question “is bvcder.com legit?” is no — it’s 100% a SCAM!
reconum[.]com and randapaproc[.]com — identical to bvcder[.]com
It’s not just the homepages, either. The websites are complete copies of each other!
Left: bvcder[.]com / Right: reconum[.]com
4 red flags of the scam site bvcder[.]com
- The website is very new. There are no product reviews.
- There is no contact phone number, and the listed address is suspicious.
- The website advertises outrageously low discount offers.
Also, all three websites — bvcder[.]com, reconum[.]com, and randapaproc[.]com — achieve very low Trustscores on ScamAdviser.
Some other things to look out for
In addition to the points mentioned above, here are some more red flags to watch out for:
- Unusual payment methods (wire transfer/mobile payment apps etc.).
- Unreasonable requests for detailed personal information.
- Typos and questionable wordings.
Use Trend Micro Check to Protect Yourself
NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to combat scams with ease! (It’s 100% FREE.)
Trend Micro Check is an all-in-one browser extension for detecting scams, phishing attacks, malware, and dangerous links – and it’s FREE!
After you’ve pinned Trend Micro Check, it will block dangerous sites automatically! It’s available on Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
Check out this page for more information on Trend Micro Check.
- Shop only on legitimate online stores. Do your homework and read reviews about the online store you plan to shop at.
- Don’t forget to add an extra layer of protection to your device with Trend Micro Maximum Security! It includes Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection to help you combat scams and cyberattacks. Click the button below to give it a try:
As ever, if you’ve found this article an interesting and/or helpful read, please do SHARE with friends and family to help keep the online community secure and protected.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Get all the latest cybersecurity news