Recently, many consumers have been searching for reviews of the online shops, Reconum and Randapaproc. Consumers are rightly wondering if they’re a scam. Here’s the answer: they are! Don’t shop on these websites!
The first red flag is that these two sites are almost identical — albeit with different names.
Left: Reconum / Right: Randapaproc
Both “stores” claim to sell outdoor equipment, sportswear, and power tools. However, both score low on ScamAdviser’s trust score — and there is a multitude of other red flags that should concern potential shoppers:
- The websites are very new. There are no product reviews.
- They have no contact phone number, and the listed addresses are suspicious.
- The privacy policies appear to be copied and pasted from elsewhere. There is no mention of a returns policy on either website.
- The websites advertise outrageously low discount offers.
- The websites’ dashboards are lifted from other websites — as are product pictures.
Left: Randapaproc / Right: Reconum (Spot the Difference?)
To summarize folks, stay away from websites like these — and always do your research. Further red flags not mentioned above include:
- Unusual payment methods (wire transfer/cash apps etc.).
- Unreasonable requests for detailed personal information.
- Typos and questionable wording.
How to Protect Yourself
- NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to combat scams with ease! (It’s 100% FREE.)
Trend Micro Check is an all-in-one browser extension for detecting scams, phishing attacks, malware, and dangerous links — and it’s FREE!
After you’ve pinned Trend Micro Check, it will block dangerous sites automatically! It’s available on Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
Check out this page for more information on Trend Micro Check.
- Shop only on legitimate online stores. Do your homework and read reviews about the online store you plan to shop at.
- Don’t forget to add an extra layer of protection to your device with Trend Micro Maximum Security! It includes Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection to help you combat scams and cyberattacks. Click the button below to give it a try:
As ever, if you’ve found this article an interesting and/or helpful read, please do SHARE with friends and family to help keep the online community secure and protected.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Get all the latest cybersecurity news