The Latest Fake Nintendo Websites: Don’t Get Scammed! (Bogus Sony / Microsoft Websites Included)
Nintendo game consoles have been hot picks when it comes to holiday shopping — many people have started the search for an available Nintendo Switch or PS5. But be careful, scammers have already created fake Nintendo websites (or other brands like Sony and Microsoft) to exploit you.
Risks and Common Gaming Scam Websites
Well, there IS NO Nintendo Switches (or PS5s, XBOXs) on these bogus online shops.
Besides this, scammers can record your financial information and other personal data you’ve submitted. That will lead to identity theft; scammers can even hack into your bank account using these credentials.
What’s worse, malware might start to download when you click on an unknown malicious link. Don’t fall for it!
Here are some fake Nintendo websites we’ve spotted recently. Have you come across any of them?
How to Avoid Nintendo Scams
- Shop only on legitimate online shops/shopping platforms.
- Check the web address of the online shop: the one and only legitimate Nintendo website’s URL is www.nintendo[.]com
- Avoid direct purchases on social platforms.
- Never click links or attachments from unknown sources. Check if links are safe before you click using Trend Micro Check!
1. After you’ve pinned the Trend Micro Check browser extension, it will block dangerous sites for you automatically:
2. Send links or screenshots of suspicious text messages to Trend Micro Check on WhatsApp for immediate scam detection.
Add an extra layer of protection to your device with Trend Micro Maximum Security! It includes Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection to help you combat scams and cyberattacks. Click the button below to give it a try:
Shop safely and good luck on your Nintendo Switch hunting! If you’ve found this article useful and/or interesting, please SHARE and help protect your family and friends!