“Win a $1,000 Amazon gift card!” A lot of people have received this email from Amazon that says they can get an Amazon voucher by completing an online survey. Watch out! It’s a phishing scam!
If you take the bait and click on the embedded button, you will be led to an online form featuring Squid Game, the famous Netflix series. This is a phishing page – that is, all the credentials you submit will end up in scammers’ hands!
How to Protect Yourself
- Double-check the sender’s email address.
- Free gifts or prizes are always a major red flag.
- Reach out to Amazon’s customer service directly for help and support.
- NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to detect scams with ease!
1. After you’ve pinned the Trend Micro Check browser extension, it will block dangerous sites for you automatically:
2. Send links or screenshots of suspicious text messages to Trend Micro Check on WhatsApp for immediate scam detection.
Don’t forget to add an extra layer of protection to your device with Trend Micro Maximum Security! It includes Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection to help you combat scams and cyberattacks. Click the button below to give it a try:
If you found this article helpful or interesting, please SHARE it to help protect your friends and family!
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Get all the latest cybersecurity news