Discord Nitro Phishing
We’ve reported on Discord bitcoin giveaway scams before, and now scammers have discovered a new tactic to exploit you on Discord — with Discord Nitro!
Discord Nitro is a paid service for a better Discord experience with lots of extra benefits. Scammers contact you on Discord, claiming that they’ve got an extra Discord Nitro account and that you can claim it via an attached link.
yo I accidentally got 2 nitros and don’t need the other one https://discordgifts[.]com/
@everyone take nitro faster, it’s already running out https://discordn[.]gifts[.]com/
If you click on the link, it will lead you to a fake Discord login page. (In some other cases, scammers lead you to fake Steam login pages as well.) All login credentials you submit there will be in scammers’ hands! They can thus gain access to your account and hack it.
Your Steam Credentials Are Also Targeted
In some cases, scammers will ask you to link your Steam account to claim the “free Nitro.” Again, you will end up losing your Steam account. Don’t fall for it!
How to Protect Yourself
- Double-check the link/URL ; the domain of legitimate Discord pages should end in discord.com
- Change your password immediately if you think you’ve fallen for Discord Nitro scams. Also, always use strong passwords for your accounts.
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) to better protect your account.
- Reach out to Discord’s support for help if you receive similar scam messages.
- NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to detect scams with ease!
1. After you’ve pinned the Trend Micro Check browser extension, it will block dangerous sites for you automatically:
2. Send links or screenshots of suspicious text messages to Trend Micro Check on WhatsApp for immediate scam detection.
Don’t forget to add an extra layer of protection to your device with Trend Micro Maximum Security! It includes Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection to help you combat scams and cyberattacks. Click the button below to give it a try:
Did you successfully spot the scams? Remember, always CHECK before giving out personal information. If you found this article helpful or interesting, please SHARE it to help protect your friends and family!