Did you receive the “special offer” from Walmart that asks you to do an online survey for rewards? Be careful. It’s a scam!
Read carefully and you will find many typos and mistakes in the email; the title is even misspelled as WALMRAT instead of WALMART. The buttons contained in these emails can be malicious or phishing links and lure you into sending your personal/financial information to the scammers.
You have been selected to get an exclusive reward! To qualify for this special offer, simply complete our 30-second marketing survey about your experiences with WALMRAT. Click OK to start.
Please tell us about your WALMRAT experience and as a thank you , you can select from several exclusive offre rewards!
How to Protect Yourself
- Double-check the sender’s mobile number/email address.
- Reach out to the Walmart customer support directly for help.
- NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to detect scams with ease!
Send a link or a screenshot of suspicious text messages to Trend Micro Check on WhatsApp for immediate scam detection:
Trend Micro Check is also available as a Chrome extension.
It will block dangerous sites for you automatically:
Or use Trend Micro Maximum Security for a wider range of protection, including:
- Web Threat Protection when browsing the internet, defending you against bad websites that can steal your data or download malicious files.
- Machine Learning, to protect you from new and unknown threats.
- Ransomware protection via Folder Shield, to stop unauthorized changes and back-up files encrypted by suspicious programs.
- Anti-phishing and anti-spam protection for Outlook clients, as well as Gmail and Outlook webmail on the PC, and Gmail webmail on the Mac.
- Privacy Scanner (for Facebook and Twitter), Social Networking Protection for protection against malicious links in social networks, Pay Guard for protecting your online banking and buying.
- Parental Controls to limit which software and websites you kids may use.
If you find this article helpful, please SHARE to protect your family and friends!
- By Ruth Dasilva | January 6, 2023
- By Richard Gordon Harding | October 16, 2022
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Get all the latest cybersecurity news