We’ve been observing various Bitcoin scams on Discord. Be cautious!
How Bitcoin Giveaway Scams Work?
Scammers pretend to be from legitimate companies such as KFC, reaching out to users on Discord. They claim to be holding a giveaway campaign, trying to persuade you to click on a link to get Bitcoins as a reward. Scammers use different excuses, but the tactics of Discord cryptocurrency scams are similar. Be careful when they ask you to:
- Register on a scam website.
- Enter promo codes.
- Verify accounts.
- Withdraw awards.
Once you click on the phishing link they provide, you will be taken to a website and asked to enter personal information, such as passwords, credit card numbers, or bank account details. In worse situations, malware will start to download as soon as the link is clicked.
Here are some screenshots of Bitcoin giveaway scams:
KFC 7 This is the beginning of your direct message history with @KFC J No servers in common Add Friend Block new KFC 7 oday?: 12:35 ^Congratulations! Crash89* i^lf you are reading this message you have become one of the participants of our GIVEAWAY IJYou are one of the lucky winners of our giveaway In the BTC charity draw, which was organized by our Trading Platform together with our dear investors In honor of the spring holidays, we decided to attract new participants and thank those who have already registered. The draw amount is 7.77 BTC. Log in to your account or, if you are not already a member, create an account and receive your prize. •ₛ – https[:]//ethlegit[.]com/ ■ₛ – Your prize is equal to 20,000 dollars in the equivalent of bitcoin at the time of activation of the promo code. ■ₛ – Important the promo code is valid for 2 days, you can continue to invest or withdraw the prize. •ₛ – Do not share your promo code with anyone •ₛ – Your promo code: fOrWxNxfjj5A You can activate your promo code in the Settings tab -ₛ – In case of problem situations, we always have online support on our Trading Platform The Ethlegit team Wishes you a happy spring holiday. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT CRYPTOCURRENCIES ARE AND HOW TO USE THEM, PLEASE IGNORE THIS MESSAGE Bitcoin Exchange, Trading more than 100+ cryptocurrencies on the ex… Buy, Sell & Trade Crypto using modern and secure trading platform. Trade our spot and margin markets with advanced funding options, lightning fast execution and deep liquidity.
How to avoid Bitcoin Scams on Discord?
- Random messages that you can claim rewards for free are a major red flag. Something is fishy if it appears to be too good to be true.
- Report the scam to Discord officials.
- Don’t click on links from unknown resources. Check the safety of web addresses using Trend Micro Check:
Send a link or a screenshot of suspicious text messages to Trend Micro Check on WhatsApp for immediate scam detection:
Trend Micro Check is also available as a Chrome extension.
It will block dangerous sites for you automatically:
Or download Trend Micro Maximum Security for a wider range of protection, including:
- Web Threat Protection when browsing the internet, defending you against bad websites that can steal your data or download malicious files.
- Machine Learning, to protect you from new and unknown threats.
- Ransomware protection via Folder Shield, to stop unauthorized changes and back-up files encrypted by suspicious programs.
- Anti-phishing and anti-spam protection for Outlook clients, as well as Gmail and Outlook webmail on the PC, and Gmail webmail on the Mac.
- Privacy Scanner (for Facebook and Twitter), Social Networking Protection for protection against malicious links in social networks, Pay Guard for protecting your online banking and buying.
- Parental Controls to limit which software and websites you kids may use.
For more information about cryptocurrency scams, please visit here. If you found this article helpful, please SHARE to protect your family and friends!
Click each tag to explore related articles.