The Italian luxury fashion giant, Moncler, has confirmed that they have been the victim of a malicious data leak. The sequence of events began at the end of December when Moncler was hit by a malware attack.
Subsequently, Moncler learnt that the ransomware gang known as ALPHV was behind it and were demanding $3 million to not publish the stolen data. Moncler held firm and refused, and ALPHV have proceeded to publish the data.
The data includes sensitive information on employees and former employees, suppliers, consultants, and business partners. Also included is the details of customers on Moncler’s database.
In regard to the latter, Moncler has stated in a new press release that information on credit cards and other payment methods have not been exposed “as the company does not store such data on its systems.” While investigations continue, the company further states that:
“Moncler is deeply sorry for what happened […] As soon as the incident occurred, the Company immediately activated a team of cybersecurity experts to contain the attack and has strengthened its IT security measures on all its infrastructures.”
An Extra Layer of Protection: Trend Micro ID Security
Here at Trend Micro, we have an app specifically designed to meet the challenges that data leaks and breaches bring. Available on Android and iOS, ID Security scours the dark web for any mention of your data (SSN, email address, passwords, codes etc.) in the event of it being sold or maliciously shared by cybercriminals. Its key features include:
- Dark Web Personal Data Manager: Scours the dark web for data such as bank account numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, and social security numbers.
- Credit Card Checker: Find out if someone has acquired your credit card number and put it on the dark web.
- Email Checker: Find out if any of your email addresses have been leaked to the dark web. You’ll be notified which exact account it is — so you can take the appropriate counter-measures.
- Password Checker: ID Security will notify you if you’re using a password currently in circulation on the dark web.
- Social Media Account Checker: Find out if your Facebook and Twitter Account have been breached and shared on the dark web.
- A Comprehensive Monitoring Report
Simple, efficient, and easy-to-use, scan the QR code or click on the button below to try the free 30-day trial version today!
If this article has been of use and/or interest to you, please do SHARE it with family and friends.