Did you receive text messages from AT&T that instruct you to claim “surcharged reimbursement” via a link attached? Don’t fall for it. It’s a scam!
1. Free gifts
- You have been an amazing customer, Char. For paying your bills on time, we want to reward you! Receive an exciting gift from us when you answer our anonymous survey to help us improve our services here: <URL>
2. Pending refund
- Final Reminder: Your ATT refund of $391.03 is still registered in our system as pending. Receive your outstanding balance now
3. Account overcharged
- AT&T Free Msg: Jazmyn, we accidentally overcharged your account last month. Kindly your compensation here: k3h fn[.]info/
- AT&T Free Msg: Madeline, we accidentally overcharged your account last month. Kindly your reimbursement here: k2hvz.info/DB2J5X7XoR
4. Signal issues
- AT&T Free Msg: Appologies for the signal issues on Sept 16, John! Here’s a little reimbursement:
The attached link is a phishing link, leading you to a fake AT&T survey page where scammers prompt you to enter personal information like banking details or credit card numbers:
Scammers can record all these sensitive credentials and use them for further cybercrime; they can take control over your bank account, transfer your money away, or use your identity for identity thefts. In a worse case, malware will start to download once you click on the link!
How to protect yourself?
- Double-check the sender’s mobile number/email address.
- Reach out to AT&T’s official customer support directly for help if you think there are issues with your account.
- Messages instructing you to get paid via links are suspicious. NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to detect scams with ease!
After you’ve pinned the Trend Micro Check extension, it will block dangerous sites automatically! (Available on Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge).
You can also download the Trend Micro Check mobile app for 24/7 automatic scam and spam detection and filtering. (Available for Android and iOS).
- Download Trend Micro Maximum Security for even more protection, including Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing , and Anti-spam Protection. Gain access to the Privacy Scanner for Facebook and Twitter, Social Networking Protection, and Parental Controls, too. Click the button below to give it a try:
If you found this article helpful, please SHARE to protect your family and friends!