Recently a lot of people have been searching for reviews about an online jewelry seller named “I Spy Jewelry”. They’re wondering if it’s a scam. Here’s the answer: it is! Do not shop on this website!
There have been many negative reviews about the website, with customers claiming that they never received the product. What’s worse, whenever they try to reach the shop there’s no response, let alone any standard process regarding refunds and disputes.
How To Spot a Fake Online Shopping Site
1. Too-good-to-be-true deals:
The website now features a 75% off campaign — that’s suspiciously cheaper than usual.
2. Lots of irrelevant reviews
Although there seem to be various positive reviews below each product page, they are irrelevant and repetitive. In fact, we found that all these product listings share the same 33 5-star reviews:
3. Low trust scores
The trust score of the website is extremely low — only 1 out of 100 (Scamadviser).
Some more red flags to watch out for:
- Unusual payment methods (wire transfer/cash apps etc.).
- Unreasonable requests for detailed personal information.
- Typos and questionable wording.
- A lack of valid contact details on the site.
For more tips on spotting fake online shops, please visit this article.
How to Protect Yourself
- NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to combat scams with ease! (It’s 100% FREE.)
Trend Micro Check is an all-in-one browser extension for detecting scams, phishing attacks, malware, and dangerous links — and it’s FREE!
After you’ve pinned Trend Micro Check, it will block dangerous sites automatically! It is now available on Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
Check out this page for more information on Trend Micro Check.
- Shop only on legitimate online stores.
- Do your homework and read reviews about the online store you plan to shop on.
- Don’t forget to add an extra layer of protection to your device with Maximum Security! It includes Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection to help you combat scams and cyberattacks. Click the button below to give it a try:
As ever, if you’ve found this article an interesting and/or helpful read, please do SHARE with friends and family to help keep the online community secure and protected.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Get all the latest cybersecurity news