Got an email invoice from Beyond Diet that says you owe $3,250? Don’t do anything yet. It’s a scam!
Recently many people have received invoices from Beyond Diet via email that requesting a payment of $3,250. What’s tricky is that the sender’s email address looks legitimate:
Here’s your invoice! We appreciate your prompt payment. Thank you for your business – we appreciate it very much. Sincerely, Beyond Diet DUE 09/27/2021 $ 3,250.00 Review Powered by QuickBooks
Beyond Diet has already confirmed that the email was a phishing attempt. The email account firstname.lastname@example.org was hacked and used for phishing attacks on their customers:
How to Protect Yourself
- Double-check the sender’s mobile number/email address. Please remember that even business emails can be compromised, making it harder to tell if the email is legitimate.
- Reach out to Beyond Diet’s customer service directly for help instead of following the payment requests in the email. You can contact the company at email@example.com or via their official website.
- Ignore and delete compromised emails.
- NEVER click on links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to detect scams with ease!
1. After you’ve pinned the Trend Micro Check browser extension, it will block dangerous sites for you automatically:
2. Trend Micro Check on WhatsApp:
Send links or screenshots of suspicious text messages to Trend Micro Check on WhatsApp for immediate scam detection:
Download Trend Micro Maximum Security for even more protection, including Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection. Gain access to the Privacy Scanner for Facebook and Twitter, Social Networking Protection, and Parental Controls, too. Click the buttons below to give them a try:
If you found this article helpful, please SHARE to spread the word.