Have you ever come across this online shop for accessories — 310drip.com? Think again before placing an order… The website is a SCAM! There have been many negative reviews about this website on the Internet — below are some tips to help you spot fake online shops.
Online Shopping Scam Alert
For one thing, 310drip.com’s Trustscore is extremely low — only 1 out of 100 (Scamadviser).
Plus, the lack of contact details on the site is more than questionable. Malicious websites rarely have full contact information, so it is difficult to get help from them if there is an issue with your order. On the Contact Us page of 310drip.com, there’s NO contact number or company address, but only a link to the FAQ page.
Further Red Flags to Watch Out For
- The acceptance of unusual payment methods (wire transfer/mobile payment apps etc.)
- Unreasonable requests for detailed personal information.
- Typos and questionable wordings.
- Lack of genuine reviews/lots of irrelevant reviews.
- Too-good-to-be-true deals.
For more tips on spotting fake online shops, please check out this article.
How to Protect Yourself
- Shop only on legitimate online stores and platforms.
- Do your homework and read reviews about the online store you plan to shop with.
- NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to combat scams with ease! (It’s 100% FREE.)
Trend Micro Check is an all-in-one browser extension for detecting scams, phishing attacks, malware, and dangerous links – and it’s FREE!
After you’ve pinned Trend Micro Check, it will block dangerous sites automatically! It’s available on Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
Check out this page for more information on Trend Micro Check.