Christmas is all around! Yet, as you look for the best deal online, scammers are ready to steal your money with irresistible but fake offerings. In the past 7 days we’ve detected over 18,257 fake Christmas-related shopping sites. Would you be able to spot the red flags and avoid these scams?
How to spot a fake online shopping site
An online shop could be a SCAM if any of these signs occur:
- Too-good-to-be-true deals.
- A strange web address.
- Lots of 5-star (but irrelevant) customer reviews.
- Unusual payment methods (wire transfer/cash apps etc.).
- Unreasonable requests for detailed personal information.
- Typos and questionable wording.
- A lack of valid contact details on the site.
For more tips on spotting fake online shops, please visit this article.
Top Christmas Scam Websites (Up-To-Date)
This website “offers” beer sweaters. Cool? Don’t fall for it. It’s a SCAM!
Use Trend Micro Check to Combat Scams with Ease! (It’s 100% FREE)
Trend Micro Check is an all-in-one browser extension for detecting scams, phishing attacks, malware, and dangerous links – and it’s FREE!
After you’ve pinned Trend Micro Check, it will block dangerous sites automatically! It is now available on Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
Check out this article for more information about Trend Micro Check.
If you are a pet lover, please be extra careful. The website seems to offer cute Christmas clothes for pets, but again, they are SCAMs.
This website has been popular recently, and it’s now featuring Christmas sales for up to 49% off. However, the website is a SCAM.
Featuring an early Christmas sale of up to 65% off, this website “sells” Christmas gifts and decorations.
This scam website targets pet owners, with T-shirts, pillows, and other products printed with pets’ photos.
“Make all well, make life better.” This website supposedly features houseware and decorations for Christmas.
How to Protect Yourself
- Shop only on legitimate online stores.
- Do your homework and read reviews about the online store you plan to shop on.
- Too-good-to-be-true offers are almost always scams.
- Never click on unknown links. Check first with Trend Micro Check!
- Add an extra layer of protection to your device with Trend Micro Maximum Security. Its Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection can help you combat scams and cyberattacks!
Click the button below to give it a try:
For more tips about spotting scam online shops, click here. Stay safe this holiday shopping season! If you have found this article helpful, please do SHARE with family and friends to help keep the online community protected this festive season.