Every year as September approaches, we get very busy at Trend Micro, preparing to launch the next version of Titanium™ Security – our award-winning, industry-leading security software for consumers.
It’s an exciting time for us because we love introducing the latest innovations that defend against the ever-evolving online threats, cybercriminals, and identity thieves.
Enjoying your digital life safely
Trend Micro Titanium Security 2014 is privacy and protection across your PC, Mac, and mobile devices. We believe you should be able use the Internet fearlessly and we’re here to help.
There are several areas of online security that need to be addressed in order for you to fully enjoy your digital life safely. They are:
- Securing your privacy to avoid identity theft
- Keeping you and your family safe from hackers, cybercriminals, and online bullies or predators
- Protecting all your devices and digital files, including photos, music, videos, and financial records
With expertise gained over 25+ years, we’re proud to offer industry-leading Internet security with the broadest combination of privacy and web threat protection for Facebook, Google+, and Twitter across PCs and Macs.*
The current threat landscape
Here’s some of what we know about the threats you are currently facing:
- 24% of social media users have posted something on websites that they later regretted or removed**
- 36% have seen something they regard as inappropriate on Facebook, Twitter or Google+**
- Only 24% of Facebook users change their privacy settings each month or more often**
- In 2012, there were 6,300 new unique threats per day, up from 57 per day in 2006***
- There’s one identity fraud victim in the US every three seconds****
- 50% of users have been infected with a virus contracted online*****
With this information in mind, we’ve designed this year’s version of Titanium to address the newest threats and refined the strengths of last year’s version.
What the industry is saying about the new Titanium Security 2014
- Trend Micro Titanium Security is the fastest in protecting against new web threats, unlike other security solutions that leave the customer exposed for longer periods of time.
Source: NSS Labs and Verzprog 2013
- Trend Micro Titanium Security is #1 in detecting phishing threats, a leading cause of identity theft.
Source: NSS Labs 2013
- Trend Micro Titanium offers the broadest combination of privacy and web threat protections for Facebook, Google+, and Twitter across PCs and Macs among 31 security products reviewed.
Source: Social Network Protection Review, August 2013, AV Comparatives
- Trend Micro is routinely one of the top tier vendors in blocking phishing sites, as we block the threats at the source.
Source: AV-Comparatives phishing tests. May – July 2013 averages
Learn more about how you can enjoy your digital life safely with the latest version of Trend Micro security.
* Source: Social Network Protection Review, August 2013, AV Comparatives
** Source: Cint USA and Trend Micro Privacy Poll, August 2013
*** Source: TrendLabs
**** Source: The 2013 Identity Fraud Report released in February 2013 by Javelin Strategy & Research
*****Source: US Market size study- Trend Micro & i3ResearchGroup LLC, June 2013